This week we open up the proverbial mailbag and answer some listener questions…and there’s a lot to talk about.
Keith addresses the new vacancy tax, rate hikes and once again answers the question, “Is Vancouver in a bubble?”
Here’s a full list of the questions we take on this week:
- How is the new interest rate hike going to affect the Vancouver real estate market?
- Is Vancouver in a bubble?
- How can the city be better for home owners trying to build?
- Will the new vacant home tax do anything to cool prices?
- Is supply in Vancouver keeping up with demand?
- From 2010 to 2016 population size in Metro-Vancouver increased by 10.2% while occupied dwellings increasing by 7.8%
- This change in dwellings vs. population size means an increase in average household size from 2.6 in 2010 to 2.65 by 2016
*Numbers from statistics Canada 2011 and 2016 census data
- Canada has the 3rd largest homes in the world, yet 42% of people say they want bigger homes. (study by Point2Homes)
- How will technology change the way people buy real estate in the future?
– Time magazine tool “Will a Robot Take Your Job?”
If you have any questions or any guests you would like us to interview, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.