This episode is all about home building and the role builders and developers play in Vancouver housing affordability.
My guest is the CEO of The Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association, Bob De Wit.
Among other things, in this episode we discuss:
- The role municipal government plays in the housing crisis
- Resources for those looking to build a home, including how to hire a contractor
- What the GVHBA is doing to lobby the government to make building easier
- Lessons Vancouver can learn from how Tokyo maintains its housing supply
Links we refer to in this episode:
- VURES episode #14 with Anne McMullin
- VURES episode #2 with Sam Sullivan
- Housing Approval Study which ranks the building approval process among municipalities
- BC Housing Registry of Residential Builders
If you have any questions or any guests you would like us to interview, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.